Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pirates are fun.

Pin It Now!
  
Hi everybody,
  These are some sketches I actually did a couple of weeks ago after I saw the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie (part 17?).  I guess I would put the movie in the category of "have low expectations, and you won't be disappointed" :)  It was easier to follow at least than the other recent ones.  I did have fun though.

  Anyway, I've actually been a fan of pirates (not real ones, mind you) since I was little.  See photo:

  That's me on the left :)  How awesome is that?!  The tattoos and facial hair is courtesy of my Mom and a Sharpie.  Not sure how old I am in the picture... 6 maybe?  That would make it around 1981.  My sister to my left chose a more demure Arabian princess costume of some sort.  The pirate thing was definitely my most favorite Halloween costume as a child!  You can tell I'm really feelin' it.

  And here is a photo of my super cute niece from a few years ago doing the pirate thing (a convenient excuse to post of picture of Katey):
  
  She is way cute, but I don't think she's as into it as her Aunt Cara was in similar circumstances:)  

  How do you guys feel about pirates?  Still cool?  Or "over it"?

  'Til next time.

  Oh, P.S. I've added a "Subscribe by email" function to the blog, so be sure to subscribe so you'll be notified when I've put up a new post!

2 comments:

Jennifer Gray Olson said...

Great sketches! LOVE the pirate pics too!

sean@seanseal.com said...

A little diversity in your pirates? Love it! Just don't do any "South African Pirates". Those guys are a real scourge.