Sunday, June 26, 2011

How baby comics are born.

Pin It Now!

  Here's a page of my thumbnails that I did this week for the comic I'm working on.  The thumbs are actually about 2 1/2 x 3 1/4" for each little double-page spread.  This is the first excerpt of my longer story (graphic novel).  Proper planning is such a timesaver in artwork & writing, and I can't imagine trying to tackle this story without it!

  I'll probably blow these thumbnails up and actually draw right on top of them over a light table.  This helps keep the compositions as dynamic as they are in the thumbnail stage.

  Still an intimidating amount of work to be done in the next few weeks... but it feels good to have my basic layout and compositions sketched out.

  I need to figure out the cover artwork... and I want to have at least some of them painted/colored as well.  We'll see!

No comments: