Monday, February 21, 2011

Elves, but not the Keebler kind.

Pin It Now!

Well, I got a little off-track in my scheduled posts, but here's some stuff. I thought I would tackle some drawings of elves. I spent some time trying to get a handle on what my concept of elves was like. It's pretty much in the Lord of the Rings vein, I guess. Tall, stately, somewhat androgynous...

The couple was drawn around Valentine's Day. It's sort of "Hey, you're pretty, I'm pretty, let's do this," right? The lady above them isn't so happy about it ("But... I'm pretty too!")

The second page is just some of the earlier sketches I did while trying to figure out my concept for elves.



2 comments:

Natalie said...

I love the body language of the couple holding hands!

It was so nice to see you on Sunday, Cara. Though you have a quick wit, you also have a very gentle spirit, somehow. It's nice =)

Cara Nilsen said...

Thanks, Natalie! It was nice to see you too on Sunday :)